Gazettes aims to publish the most authoritative, impactful and highest quality articles within the Journal’s scope, identify emerging areas of importance and actively solicit the best work being done in those areas, and promote the scientific exchange of ideas to advance science with the help of Associate Editor. The Associate Editor reports to the Managing Editor and needs to periodically communicate with the Executive Editor.
The Associate Editor is responsible for:
• Working with Gazettes to develop strategies for editorial development of the Journal, including deploying electronic features available through the Journal website, developing plans and strategies to attract the most impactful science in support of the Journal’s Impact Factor and other success metrics, and attending strategy and planning web conferences;
• Maintaining full and transparent communication and a positive working relationship with the Executive Editor and Journal staff;
• Ensuring that his or her conduct conforms to the highest standards of professional conduct and scientific integrity, is consistent with all applicable laws and regulations, thus reflecting positively on Gazettes, and promoting the same standards of conduct among other members of the Editorial team;
• Working with the Managing Editor to provide exemplary service during the peer review process to authors, reviewers and Editorial team members;
• Inviting reviewers and directly overseeing the interaction between the reviewers and authors during the collaborative peer review process;
• Making the suggestion on acceptance or recommending a manuscript for rejection to the Managing Editor based on the reviewers' recommendations, and ensuring all quality, validity and ethical standards are met;
• Developing and implementing improvements and promptly responding to communications regarding the Journal;
• Searching for potential future authors and reviewers and recommending to the Managing Editor and the Executive Editor.